Gear Review: Rem-Fit Pillow and Activity Tracker
Sleep is probably one of the most overlooked aspects of many of our lives. We tend to think of it in our western culture as an afterthought, something we can get by with just enough. However, these days more and more people are putting more of a focus on their sleep and the quality of that sleep.
For me sleep has always been a critical aspect of my life, as an athlete and also as a writer and frequent traveler. When working on a project sleep is often the first thing that gets sacrificed as much as I hate to admit it. When traveling sleep can also be a challenge especially in my line of work where one trip my bed could be a hammock, bunk bed, or space on a floor.
Recently the company Rem-Fit sent me their 400 Series Adjustable Pillow to try out along with their Activity Tracker. This pillow combines a memory foam gel top to help regulate heat and cold as well as support clusters to control the firmness and thickness of the pillow. In other words, it kicks the crap out of my old pillows of micro-fill or whatever batting was in them.
Rem-Fit 400 Series Adjustable Pillow
For the last couple of weeks, I have been testing the pillow each night and also during the day if I could sneak in a nap or two. What I noticed about the pillow was, once I found the right comfort level, as soon as I lay down I am in a comfortable position. The memory foam gives support where needed for this side sleeper.
As my comfort level has gone up using the Rem-Fit 400 Series Adjustable pillow I have found the occurrences of waking up in the middle of the night, have greatly decreased. The pillow is also hypoallergenic as well as the gel top helps control temperature.
Technology Features of the Pillow:
- Re-Ax Fiber™ – This unique fiber reacts to one’s body during sleep and provides active moisture and heat transfer allowing for a cool sleep surface.
- Contour Fit™ – The unique 4-way stretch creates an invisible and undetectable environment that contours to not only the sleeper but also the sleep surface, allowing for a free range of motion during sleep.
- Repel Tech™ – Effectively prevents moisture from penetrating the sleep surface, preserving the comfort layers of one’s mattress, while also allowing the mattress to breathe. Efficiently blocks dust mites and allergens that live in beds from disturbing sleep.
- Hi-Flow Knit™ – This unique knitting style allows for optimal air flow between the sleeper and the sleep surface, allowing for a cooler sleep environment while adding a layer of comfort.
- Breez Tech™ – Allows for the best hot and cool air transfer. Allows the hot air to flow away from the sleeper and cool air to travel towards the sleeper. Also allows for the pillow to breathe efficiently, extending the life of one’s pillow.
- Polyfil Fiber – This easily accessible innovative core, allows one to decide the right level of personalized support needed during sleep. Simply remove or add the incredibly soft micro-fill to find the ultimate comfort level.
- REM-Fit’s patent pending Support Clusters offers an incredibly soft, yet supportive inner filing, aiding the sleeper in getting the most restful nights sleep possible.
- Cooling Gel Top – Get a wonderful night’s rest with this gel top memory foam pillow. The gel pad disperses heat, offering a cooling sensation and is all wrapped up in a luxuriously soft keeping you comfortable all night long.
The Rem-Fit 400 Series Adjustable Pillow has become a favorite in our house. During our recent trip to my parents and a 4,500-mile road trip; more than once my partner tried to take the pillow away while traveling. It’s safe to say we both like the comfort it brings us as well as the incredible sleep! The pillow retails for $159.99 and is available on their website or other online retailers. It’s not a cheap pillow but considering we spend 1/3 of our life sleeping, it might as well be a good night’s sleep with quality products.
Rem-Fit also sent along their 200 Series sleep and activity tracker along with the pillow. For those familiar with health trackers this seems to be similar. It tracks your daily steps, distance, calories burned, and also your sleep patterns. While you go about your day Rem-Fit 200, Series Activity Tracker continues to monitor your activity and pairs with an iPhone or Android device to keep track of your data. Each day you can set activity goals and earn points with the 360LifeScore that combines your activity as well as your sleep.
The product comes with two wristbands, a USB charging dock, and a belt clip. The battery lasts between 5-7 days depending on activities and wirelessly connects to your mobile device. It is also splash proof. The Tracker retails for $99.99 and is available on their website and other online retailers.
Overall, I love this pillow, and we are hoping to get the mattress from Rem-Fit as well to convert our entire sleeping experience to the most comfortable and relaxing sleep possible. For readers Rem-Fit is offering a code for 20% off at rem-fit.com for Dirt in Your Skirt readers: MS20.